The Pasco County World War ll Memorial is located on the bandstand at the Historic Courthouse in Dade City. The memorial contains the names of over 1,855 Pasco County residents who served in World War ll, including 39 who died in the line of duty. The names are on panels which are affixed to the sides of the bandstand. The bandstand was built in 1925 in the hope to attract John Philip Sousa to Dade City. He ultimately did not come but the bandstand was re-purposed for the World War ll Memorial first dedicated on Flag Day; June 14, 1948. The memorial was re-dedicated on June 14, 2014.
Prior to the re-dedication, the Facilities Management Department update the WWII Memorial. The deteriorating hand painted wood panels were replaced with engraved granite panels that will stand the test of time and honor those brave men and women from Pasco County who served and sacrificed for this nation. These individuals truly are the “Greatest Generation.”