Pasco County is home to over 49,500 veterans and their families. Clients have served in all branches of the military from World War II to the present global war on terrorism.
Pasco County Division of Veterans Services is a County agency created to assist the County’s former, present and future members of the United States Armed Forces, their dependents and survivors.
10 News Tampa Bay highlights exclusive neighborhood for military vets coming to Land O' Lakes with our own Veterans Service Officer Tommy Robinson,
WE SALUTE OUR VETERANS!! We invite you to watch this video which pays tribute to our team members for their service to our county:.
|Veteran Population||Total Expenditure||Other Expenditure||Compensation & Pension||Education &Vocational Rehabilitation/Employment||Insurance & Indemnities||Medical Care|
As advocates for veterans, the Division’s team of state accredited service officers know the extent, meaning and application of the laws passed by the U.S. Congress and the Florida Legislature, regarding veterans’ benefits.
The team provides direct assistance when claims for benefits earned by military service, need to be completed and submitted to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Our team will apply specialized knowledge in the way best suited to the needs of each veteran and his or her beneficiaries.
The staff is familiar with laws and regulations governing federal, state and local benefits. Their ultimate goal is to obtain all benefits the client is entitled to under these laws and regulations. The staff is prepared to assist clients with all necessary paperwork in order to obtain their rightful entitlements in the shortest possible time, including appeals preparation.
Some of the services provided by the staff include but not limited to:
- Claims preparation
- Benefit counseling
- Military records search
The Veterans Service Staff looks forward to assisting Pasco County’s veterans and their families.
Links and Resources
- Request Military Records & Discharge Papers
- Benefits of working with a Veterans Service Officer (VSO)
- How to apply for a discharge upgrade
- Florida Veterans' Benefits Guide 2022
- Florida Military Friendly Guide 2021
- Service Connected Compensation
- Veterans Evaluation Services (C&P) 1-877-637-8387
- Veterans Pension
- VA Appeals Modernization
- New VA ID Card
- VA Home Loans
- Veterans Health Administration
- Bay Pines VA Health Care System
- VA Nursing Home Port Charlotte
- Camp Lejeune
- Agent Orange and Vietnam Veterans
- Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses
- CHAMPVA Guide
- Single Access Point to all VA Contact Centers (Press Release) 1-800 MyVA411 (1-800-698-2411) (Open 24 hours)
- Veterans Crisis Line 1-800 273-855, press 1
- State Attorney General Military & Veterans Assistance Program (MVAP)
- Florida Veterans Support Line 1-844-MyFLVet (693-5838)
- Homeless Veterans Programs - Homeless Veterans Hotline: 1-877-424-3838
- National Center for PTSD
- White House VA Hotline (Press Release) 1-855-948-2311 (Open 24 Hours)
- Mission United "211"
- VA Survivors & Burial Benefits Kit
- Burial Benefits (National Cemetery Administration)
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Survivors Pension